Thursday, August 4, 2011

Bright Lights, Big City

Today's feature subject is none other than the fabulous Chicago Theatre! Although, I have yet to see a performance at this amazing theater, but it's famous marquee is an important landmark in the city. I get the pleasure of seeing this beauty not once but twice everyday on my way to/from work. There never fails to be at least two tourists trying to take photos of themselves with the marquee in the background. Here is my shot of the marquee -


Part of the building that hardly ever gets photographed is an older mural painted on the side of the building, so after work today, I excitedly headed over to the alley to get a couple shots... one problem, the alley was completely fenced off... of course, the one day I come specifically to take a photo of the mural, I can't get back there. Well, I figure it would be a perfect opportunity for me to try something new and attempt to be a little artistic.

See what a difference a little focusing can make?

Is it a fence?


Or a mural on a building?


No comments:

Post a Comment