Thursday, August 11, 2011

Work in Progress

Still working on perfecting my firework photos. These two shots were both taken during the finale on Wednesday night. During the majority of a firework show, I typically leave my shutter open for anywhere between 2.5 seconds and I have even tried a couple 15 second exposures, but during the finale, there are so many fireworks going off that if you leave the exposure open for 2+ seconds, the fireworks tend to blur together and therefore loose their great color. So I need to remember to drop my exposure down significantly. Both of the shots below were taken at .8 seconds, but I still think they look overexposed. Maybe now that I've blogged about this, I'll actually remember to drop my exposure time even more than I think I should.

PS - Shout out to my parents for buying me my first camera(s) many years ago and let's not forget about those countless rolls of film they continually purchased and developed for me (so thankful we are now in the digital world). And a shout out to Eric's parents for buying me my tripod. Multiple years later and it's still going strong. :)

I am also still working on getting a good shot of the skyline specifically from the Museum Campus at night. This one is alright, but a little too dark for my liking. But when I get a lighter shot it seems to compromise the sharpness of the photo. So welcome to my world of photography. It's a work in progress...


No comments:

Post a Comment