Monday, August 22, 2011

Flipbook


Confession: I've always had a weird fascination with flipbooks. Or at least I have always admired artistic people that could draw the same thing multiple times and change one thing ever so slightly to make it look like the cartoon character was running, jumping, swimming, etc.

And since I have absolutely zero ability when it comes to drawing, I have always wanted to do a photo flipbook... you know a book of photos that when you flip through it, it look like the person is moving. Well, over Easter this year, I took some great photos of my cousin Kristin's kids Anna and Gabe. They were perfect photos to be used for a flipbook. Anna was dancing and I took around 50 photos of her in various poses and Gabers was practicing his pitching and I got 25 shots of him in every stage of the throw.

After multiple google searches and examining all my photo websites that I use for various projects, Snapfish was really the only photo website that offered a flipbook. So I went for it.


Well, apparently my version of a flipbook and Snapfish's version of a flipbook are completely different or such products don't exist yet. Don't get me wrong, the prints are awesome and my cousin's kids couldn't be cuter, but it's impossible to flip and actually still see the majority of the photo. I don't know if the book is too big or if the paper is too thick or maybe the binding just isn't right (or perhaps all three).

To top it off, the snapfish logo on the back cover was printed upside down (see first photo). Again not a big deal, but it was pretty much the only thing they had to get right.

Fail, Snapfish. Don't worry, I'll still go to you for other projects, but not so much on the flipbooks.

Snapfish Flipbook Grade: D-

No comments:

Post a Comment