Saturday, August 6, 2011

Join Us


Welcome to a large part of my life. Last May, I switched jobs from the American Cancer Society to the Alzheimer's Association. The American Cancer Society was a really tough place to leave and they will always occupy a large part of my heart, but I am really happy at the Alzheimer's Association and enjoy working with chapters to improve their Walk to End Alzheimer's events.

In high school, I lost my grandmother to this terrible disease and I was able to see firsthand how heartbraking of a disease it really is, for all those involved. I really encourage you to participate in your local Walk to End Alzheimer's this fall. It is estimated that 5.4 million Americans are currently suffering from this disease. Alzheimer's disease is the 6th leading cause of death... and the only cause of death in the top 10 that can not be prevented, cured, or even slowed. So, look up when your local walk is and join us as we Walk to End Alzheimer's. Find your closest walk here ~> http://alz.org/walk/

Every time I see a commercial on tv or an advertisement on a cta bus around the city, I get a little excited. This is one that I caught walking home today.

No comments:

Post a Comment